The COVID-19 outbreak has impacted everyone and brought the global economy to its knees. World over, most cities, states and countries are in a complete lock down to control the spread of this virus. While most of us are able to work from home, there are some who are relentlessly helping us keep our environment and surroundings safe. Large groups of support staff; security guards, housekeeping professionals, drivers and facility management workers are working 24/7 to disinfect, fumigate and sanitize workplaces as well as residential areas.
While facility management staff and employees continue to work at sites in order to keep the environments safe and clean, here are some steps that are being undertaken to ensure safety and security of these people at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19.
Activities at site:
- Mandatory requirement to wear gloves and mask while working to minimise the risk of communal transmission of the infection.
- Staff mandated to sanitize their hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, prior to commencement of work allocated .
- Work stations, cafeteria, washrooms, pantry and breakout areas are sanitized using USFDA approved broad- spectrum disinfectants.
- Periodic fumigation of the entire office area and air handling units, to eliminate any air borne virus. The same is done in a controlled environment and takes 4-8 hours for completion
- Post fumigation, regular upkeep and cleaning activities carried out as per schedule.
- Sensitive areas like cafeteria, pantry are cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Separate waste handling team, which does not interact with/ or come in contact with the cafeteria team/floor team for better hygiene.
- Sterilised crockery and cutlery
Staff safety at site:
- Good personal hygiene is mandated for all staff.
- Training sessions on preventive measures on COVID-19 conducted every morning. In addition awareness programs are conducted by display of posters, videos on the Do’s and Don’ts for the benefit of all staff
- Thermal scanners are deployed at the entrance t ensure staff body temperature is logged prior to entering the facility
- Personal protective equipment (masks, gloves and hand sanitizers) are provided to all the workers/staff.
- Protocols in place for isolation and hospitalization of any employee or staff with a flu or any other symptoms like cold, fever and cough. Quarantine protocols in place for employees and staff working with the individual and the work area is sanitized with broad spectrum disinfectant.
- Managers and supervisors continuously monitor good hygiene practices and ensure that staff wash their hands frequently and use a new pair of gloves.
Helping understand COVID-19’s effects and implementing best practices to limit the risk of infection is pivotal to navigate these uncertain times. Currently, maintaining good hygiene and infection control practices are the only methods available to stem the spread of this disease.
We are keeping abreast of the latest WHO and government regulations and guidelines; and updating existing processes based on these. Our teams continue to keep you safe in your homes and work environments, while we continue to take every precautionary measure to keep them safe. We are all in this together